We’ve entered the final full week of the 2012 MLB regular season! There’s still a few playoff berths that are undecided as we enter this last stretch of games.
The N.L. Playoff race is down to a few teams battling for the second Wildcard berth that is currently occupied by the defending World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals.
The A.L. Playoff race is a little more unsettled with two divisions and both Wildcards yet to be decided.
Down The Stretch They Come!
- Washington Nationals (93-60) – It’s all about clinching the N.L. East at this point and getting rotation set for the franchise’s first N.L. Playoff action!
- Cincinnati Reds (92-61) – Has clinched the N.L. Central and now it’s all about seeding.
- Texas Rangers (91-62) – Will clinch the A.L. West sometime this week.
- New York Yankees (89-64) – Andy Pettitte’s been money since coming off the D.L., but the Orioles are in lockstep with them in the A.L. East race.
- Baltimore Orioles (88-66) – Their first trip to the A.L. Playoffs since 1997 is almost a reality!
- Atlanta Braves (88-65) – Chipper will play in one final postseason before riding off into the sunset.
- San Fransisco Giants (84-63) – N.L. West winner looks ready to roll when the postseason begins!
- Oakland A’s (86-67) – Starts this week with a 2 game lead for the second A.L. Wildcard berth. Will play seven of last ten games against the Rangers. Can they hold on?
- Los Angeles Angels (84-69) – Will play six of last nine games against the Mariners.
- Tampa Bay Rays (83-70) – Starts week ….(Read More)