The regular season’s winding down, but the playoff races in both leagues are still too close to call and will likely come down to the final days or day of the season before we know this year’s postseason field.
- Washington Nationals (89-57) – Should stumble in Atlanta be cause for concern?
- Cincinnati Reds (88-59) – Starts this week with a commanding 11 game lead in the N.L. Central.
- Texas Rangers (87-59) – Best record in the A.L., but the A’s are right on their heels in the A.L. West race.
- Oakland A’s (84-62) – Starts this week holding down the top A.L. Wildcard spot, but has A.L. West leading Rangers within sight.
- New York Yankees (83-63) – Holding onto the A.L. East lead, barely. Getting pitcher Andy Pettitte back this week should help.
- Baltimore Orioles (83-64) - Battling the Yankees for the A.L. East lead, but holding down the second A.L. Wildcard spot at the moment.
- Atlanta Braves (85-63) – Nice three game sweep of the first place Nats over the weekend, but still has a lot of ground to make up to catch the N.L. East leaders over the last couple of weeks.
- San Fransisco Giants (84-63) – A solid 8 game lead in the N.L. West starting this week.
- Chicago White Sox (80-66) - Four game winning streak has them leading the A.L. Central by 3 games over the disappointing Detroit Tigers.
- Los Angeles Angels (80-67) - Starts week (Read More)