The best playoff race in MLB history is underway and we’ve still got a couple of weeks to go in the regular season! There’s a lot of teams within a game or two of a wildcard berth in both leagues. So far no team has been able to seize control up to this point. It’s looking like an extra day or two may be needed at the end of the regular season to sort things out.
Power Rankings Entering 9/10
- Washington Nationals (86-54) – The team has shutdown pitcher Stephen Strasburg for the season.
- Cincinnati Reds (84-57) – Magic number is 14 to clinch the N.L. Central going into this week.
- Texas Rangers (83-57) – Pitcher Yu Darvish has found his mojo again and the timing couldn’t be better.
- Oakland A’s (79-60) – Holding down an A.L. Wildcard spot and sitting only 3.5 games behind the Rangers to start the week.
- New York Yankees (79-61) – Left Baltimore with a 0ne game lead in the A.L. East, but still on shaky ground.
- Baltimore Orioles (78-62) - Going toe-to-toe with the Bronx Bombers and will be in this race until the end. Will play next six games against the Rays and A’s.
- Atlanta Braves (81-60) – Comes into this week on a five game winning streak. Will host the Nats for a HUGE three game series later this week.
- San Fransisco Giants (79-61) – In control of the N.L. West and playing well.
- Tampa Bay Rays (77-63) – On the road at Baltimore and then a little further north to the Bronx on this week’s agenda.
- Los Angeles Angels (77-63) - On a …….(Read More)