The Washington Nationals are in the midst of a tough 33-game stretch against some of the toughest teams in major league baseball. So far the Nationals have hung tough and went a respectable 11-8 with one game being postponed because of rain.
It’s even more impressive when you factor in all the players missing time because of injuries. I think it’s safe to say this 2012 Nationals team is for real and with so many young players it’s only the beginning of things to come.
Manager Davey Johnson’s done a fabulous job with this young team. He should be considered for Manager Of The Year if this season continues rolling along like it has up to this point.
Here’s a look at this stretch of games:
- Baltimore Orioles (6 games) – The Nats have went 1-2 against the O’s with three games in Baltimore coming up.
- Atlanta Braves (6 games) – The Nats are 4-1 with one game getting rained out. The Nats swept the Braves in Atlanta!
- New York Mets (3 games) – Nats went 2-1 at home.
- Philadelphia Phillies (3 games) – Nats went 2-1 in Philly.
- Boston Red Sox (3 games) – Nats are 2-0 with a chance to sweep the Sox in Beantown tomorrow!
- New York Yankees (3 games) – Will be hosting Yankees next week.
- Miami Marlins (3 games) – The Nats were swept in Miami with Giancarlo Stanton doing most of the damage during the series.
- Toronto Blue Jays (3 games) – The Nats will be traveling to visit the Blue Jays when their current series with the Red Sox concludes.
- Tampa Bay Rays (3 games) – The Nats will host the Rays next week.
The Nationals are now 34-23 on the season and have a one game lead over the Atlanta Braves in the N.L. East. The Nats still have 13 games left to be played before this 33 game stretch will be completed, but so far so good.